Last Updated: November 15, 2021
3. A Note About Children. We do not intentionally gather Personal Data from visitors who are under the age of 18. If a child under 18 submits Personal Data to Safety Badger and we learn that the Personal Data is the information of a child under 18, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible. If you believe that we might have any Personal Data from a child under 18, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5.1 Types of Data We Collect. Personal Data. “ Personal Data ” means data that allows someone to identify or contact you, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data. “Anonymous Data” means data that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Data; Anonymous Data does not, by itself, permit the identification of individual persons. We collect Personal Data and Anonymous Data, as described below.
5.2 Information You Provide to Us.
· We may collect Personal Data from you, such as but not limited to, your first and last name, address, phone number, date of birth, and email address when you create an account to log in to our network (“Account”).
· If you use our Service on your mobile device, including through our Application(s), we may collect your phone number and the unique device ID number.
· Our Service lets you store preferences like how your content is displayed. We may associate these choices with your ID, browser or the mobile device, and you can edit these preferences at any time.
· We MAY use a third-party payment processor to process orders for subscriptions to our Service. Therefore, all information necessary to complete such transactions may be submitted to our third-party payment processor, including your name, credit card information and billing information. We do not store this information directly on our servers, but this information may be shared with third parties who help process your payment. When you submit credit card numbers, that information MAY BE encrypted using industry standard technology.
· If your subscription to the Service is sponsored or paid for by a Sponsoring Entity, as defined in Section 6.5, such as your employer, you may be required to provide us with an access or discount code that can be used by us to identify your Sponsoring Entity when you sign up for a subscription that is discounted or paid for by such Sponsoring Entity.
· We retain information on your behalf, such as files and messages that you store using your Account.
· If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail, in order to send you a reply.
· When you send messages or content (text, images, photographs, comments or any other kind of content that is not your e-mail address) on our Service, the information contained in your message or content will be stored in our servers and may be accessed by Safety Badger, Occupational Safety & Environmental Assoc., Inc, OR THIRD PARTIES, although we may remove certain identifying information from the content of your messages.
· We also collect other types of Personal Data that you provide to us voluntarily if you contact us via e-mail regarding support for the Service.
· We may also collect Personal Data, such as at other points in our Service that state that Personal Data is being collected.
5.3 Information Collected via Technology.
· Information Collected by Our Servers. To make our Service more useful to you, our servers (which may be hosted by a third-party service provider) collect information from you, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address (a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet, which may vary from session to session), domain name, and/or a date/time stamp for your visit.
· Pixel Tags. In addition, Safety Badger may use “Pixel Tags” (also referred to as clear Gifs, Web beacons, or Web bugs). Pixel Tags are tiny graphic images with a unique identifier, similar in function to Cookies that are used to track online movements of Web users. In contrast to Cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, Pixel Tags are embedded in Safety Badger in Web pages. Pixel Tags also allow us to send e-mail messages in a format users can read, and they tell us whether e-mails have been opened to ensure that we are sending only messages that are of interest to our users. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to a user. We do not tie the information gathered by Pixel Tags to our users’ Personal Data. We also allow our Analytics Providers to use tracking pixels, agents, or other visitor identification technology that collects, uses, shares and stores data about you and your use of the Service.
· How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals. We do not currently respond to “do not track” signals or other mechanisms that might enable consumers to opt out of tracking on our Service.
· Mobile Services. We may also collect non-personal information from your mobile device if you have downloaded our Application(s). This information is generally used to help us deliver the most relevant information to you. Examples of information that may be collected and used include how you use the Application(s) and information about the type of device you use. In addition, in the event our Application(s) crash on your mobile device, we will receive information about your mobile device model software version and device carrier, which allows us to identify and fix bugs and otherwise improve the performance of our Application(s). This information is sent to us as aggregated information and is not traceable to any individual and cannot be used to identify an individual.
6. Use of Your Personal Data
6.1 General Use. In general, Personal Data you submit to us is used either to respond to requests that you make, or to aid us in serving you better. We use your Personal Data in the following ways, to:
· facilitate the creation of and secure your Account on our network;
· identify you as a user in our system;
· respond to your messages on our Service;
· provide improved administration of our Service;
· provide our Service you request;
· improve the quality of experience when you interact with our Service;
· send you a welcome e-mail to verify ownership of the e-mail address provided when your Account was created;
· send follow-up emails to you;
· send you administrative e-mail notifications, such as security, or support and maintenance advisories;
· respond to your inquiries related to employment opportunities or other requests;
· make telephone calls to you, from time to time, as a part of secondary fraud protection or to solicit your feedback; and
· send newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to our Service and for other marketing purposes of Safety Badger.
5.1 Creation of Anonymous Data. We may create Anonymous Data records from Personal Data by excluding information (such as your name) that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We use this Anonymous Data to analyze request and usage patterns so that we may enhance the content of our Service and improve Service navigation. We also share Anonymous Data with our service providers to help provide features of the Service. We reserve the right to use Anonymous Data and aggregated and other de-identified information for any purpose and disclose Anonymous Data to third parties in our sole discretion.
6.2 Third Party Service Providers. We may share your Personal Data with third party service providers including Occupational Safety & Environmental Assoc., Inc. and Rabbit Run Ventures, LLC to: provide you with our Service; conduct quality assurance testing; facilitate creation of accounts; provide technical support; and/or provide other services to the Safety Badger. For example, we may share your email address with a payment processor. These third-party service providers are required not to use your Personal Data other than to provide the services requested by Safety Badger.
6.5 Sponsoring Entity. If your subscription to our Service is partially or fully sponsored or paid for through your employer or another sponsoring entity (the “Sponsoring Entity”), we may send the Sponsoring Entity Anonymous Data, including usage patterns, associated with the Sponsoring Entity’s users. All information provided to the Sponsoring Entity will be de-identified.
6.6 Emergencies. If we believe, in our sole discretion, that (a) you may be a threat to yourself or others, including without limitation any vulnerable individuals, such as children or the elderly, or (b) you are at risk of causing any type of physical harm, we may provide information about you, including Personal Data, to the police or other emergency personnel. Safety Badger will not directly notify your employer or other Sponsoring Entity upon the occurrence of one of the events described in this Section 6.6; however, please note that the police or other emergency personnel may notify your employer or other Sponsoring Entity in their discretion.
8. Your Choices Regarding Your Information. You have several choices regarding use of information on our Services:
8.2 Cookies. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to accept cookies from our Service for any of the purposes described above, then you can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit. Consult your browser’s technical information. If you do not accept cookies, however, you may not be able to use all portions of the Service or all functionality of our Service. If you have any questions about how to disable or modify cookies, please let us know at the contact information provided above.
8.3 Changing or Deleting Your Personal Data. Some of our users’ data is store in their downloaded copy of our mobile Application, such as the user’s name, email address and user id. If you wish to delete the information that is stored in your downloaded copy of our mobile Application, you should delete the Application. Except as described above, we currently do not provide a mechanism to electronically request we delete or modify Personal Data. If you would like to submit a request that we delete your Personal Data, please contact us at email@example.com and we may honor your request in our sole discretion.
8.4 Applications. You can stop the collection of additional information by the Application(s) by uninstalling the Application(s). You may use the standard uninstall processes as may be available as part of your mobile device or via the mobile application marketplace or network.
8.5 Security of Credit Card Information. We do not process, record or maintain your credit card information but use 3rd party payment services.